Re: posting TECHWR-L digests without permission -Reply

Subject: Re: posting TECHWR-L digests without permission -Reply
From: Bill Sullivan <bsullivan -at- SMTPLINK -dot- DELTECPOWER -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 8 Mar 1996 09:16:32 -0800

From Gordon Hayes: Hey, I'm TERRIBLY sorry and I certainly apologize
for violating any principles at all, legal or otherwise. I had only
the best of intentions, not that ignorance is any real defense, but I
really meant no harm, otherwise I wouldn't have email the group to
inform them of my intentions.

-- Apology accepted, Gordon, and, as far as I am concerned, case
closed, except to say thank you to TECHWR-L for providing a venue for
this discussion. This is an appropriate subject for TECHWR-L. Anyone
who doesn't have a worry or lose a little sleep about the true
identity of posters to this list or what happens to his or her own
postings after the Send button is pushed just doesn't understand the
problem.

Alas, there are people out there who just don't get it when it comes
to their use of the work of writers, artists, and musicians without
so much as a please, may I, excuse me, or thank you. They just don't
understand why the work of a writer, artist, or musician isn't
something they can utilize (ah, the U word) for their own gain or
pleasure like it was fish from a stream or berries from a bush.

We writers, artists, and musicians don't have all the rights in the
world, but we certainly have the right to a little courtesy, and if
the other guy is making a profit, then we should have the right to
share in some of that, too.

Bill Sullivan
bsullivan -at- deltecpower -dot- com
San Diego, California