Re: Trends for Technical Communicators? -Reply -Reply

Subject: Re: Trends for Technical Communicators? -Reply -Reply
From: Bill Sullivan <bsullivan -at- SMTPLINK -dot- DELTECPOWER -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 1996 15:26:51 -0800

>At 02:58 PM 3/4/96 -0800, Bill Sullivan wrote:
>>* Commercial work versus defense contract work, translating into
less
>>discipline in terms of meeting deadlines.

-Sue Gallagher responded...
>Whooah! Waitaminit, there Bill! Commercial work less disciplined
>in meeting deadlines than defense work??? I don't think so.

>>> Dennis Hays/The Burden Lake Group, Ltd., adds: I've never had a
government job run as tight as a private one.

OK, OK, I give up. I ran the question past my hiking buddy on
Saturday and he (the rat) sided with Susan and would have agreed with
Dennis had I received his posting by then. I guess I must have worked
for all of the right people back in my government days. Sorry you-all
didn't, too.

Bill Sullivan
bsullivan -at- deltecpower -dot- com