Re: Framemaker required

Subject: Re: Framemaker required
From: Chet Ensign <Chet_Ensign%LDS -at- NOTES -dot- WORLDCOM -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 1996 08:51:36 -0600

Janet Valade responds to a previous posting:

>>This is not my experience, which goes like this: you place and ad,
>>get 300 responses, all but four of which are totally unsuitable.

J> This is pretty amazing. Is this true? If so, good writers should be
J> able to get a job instantly, whenever they need one.

I have had the same experience. 300 might not even be that much of an
exaggeration. I'd say that I generally see 1 resume that I'll follow up on out
of 20 to 30 that I receive. And it always amazes me how many poorly written
resumes I see from people who are presenting themselves as writers.

Best,

/chet

Chet Ensign
Logical Design Solutions
571 Central Avenue http://www.lds.com
Murray Hill, NJ 07974 censign -at- lds -dot- com [email]
908-771-9221 [Phone] 908-771-0430 [FAX]