Re: The Little Engine that Could & Sambo

Subject: Re: The Little Engine that Could & Sambo
From: LaVonna Funkhouser <lffunkhouser -at- HALNET -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 1996 15:01:26 -0600

FWIW
My in-laws have a collection of stories that includes "Little
Black Sambo." Sambo isn't even from Africa. If I recall
correctly, he is from India.

LaVonna
(Yes, I vaguely recall seeing the restaurants when we travelled.
I think I even had a Sambo's kite.)

At 10:30 AM 3/19/96 -0500, you wrote:
>The thread on the little engine that could reminds me of another
>children's story that is lost forever to Political Correctness. Does
>anyone on the group remember "Little Black Sambo"?

>Does anyone remember the pancake house chain of restaurants based on the story?

LaVonna F. Funkhouser, COREComm
lffunkhouser -at- halnet -dot- com (work)
You are invited to browse our web site: http://www.corecomm.com/corecomm/
My opinions do not officially represent anyone other than me.