Re: Flowchart Recommendations

Subject: Re: Flowchart Recommendations
From: David Jones/KSBEISD <David_Jones/KSBEISD -dot- KSBEISD -at- DATAHUB -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 1996 14:26:38 HST

>On March 25th Beth Jankowski wrote:

<Kathy -
<Would you be willing to post the information you received? I think it
may be helpful to others, too. I <would certainly like to know what
recommendations people had.

And Kathy replied:
>Here they are - in no particular order. Thanks again.
>For PCs:
>Visio
>allClear
>ABC Flowcharter
>Chartist. You can download a shareware version at
>http://www.novagraph.com/ (I haven't tried this - just one of the
>recommendations I received -- kc)
(info re Mac versions deleted)

Not to say bad things about Chartist, but the shareware version I tried out --
don't remember the version number -- lacked a lot of features and functions
that Visio, AllClear and Flowcharter had. I forget exactly which ones, but they
were ones I needed to use a lot. It had some nice points that I wish Visio and
FlowCharter had ...

Sorry, can't be more specific, but it was quite awhile ago. I don't recall that
the shareware version had any functions disabled. But there may be a newer
version of Chartist available, or a non-shareware version with more features.
(Guess maybe I'll check out Novagraph again.)

FWIW, IMHO, YMMV, RTFM and HAND!

David Jones, Technical Writer
David_Jones/KSBEISD -dot- KSBEISD -at- Datahub -dot- com
Kamehameha Schools Bishop Estate

DISCLAIMER:
"I do not speak for my employer, my computer, or any other living thing."