Re: Mouses/Pointers & wrist problems

Subject: Re: Mouses/Pointers & wrist problems
From: "Susan W. Gallagher" <sgallagher -at- EXPERSOFT -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 1996 10:44:46 -0800

At 04:38 PM 3/26/96 -0800, Kathleen Walsh wrote:
>I am developing a wrist problem that I believe is due to my mouse
>(I started using one regularly not long ago). Does anyone have
>a suggestion on how to adapt my use of the mouse or a suggestion
>for a different pointing device to minimize wrist problems? Please
>email me (kathleen -at- qantel -dot- com).

I've found a small wrist rest to be a quick and inexpensive cure.
You can purchase a "mini wrist pad" at just about any computer/
office supply store for about $5 -- or by a mouse pad with the
wrist rest built in for a few bucks more. The raised pad keeps
your wrist straight and supported and you can't dig the heel of
your hand into the desktop until it turns red anymore!

And, believe it or not, a bottle of vitamin B6! Doctors are now
using B6 successfully to alleviate CTS symptoms.

-Sue Gallagher
sgallagher -at- expersoft -dot- com