Re: Mouses/Pointers & wrist problems

Subject: Re: Mouses/Pointers & wrist problems
From: "Smith, Amy" <Amy -dot- Smith -at- FMR -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 1996 14:56:00 -0500

We've found "mouse arms" to be useful. These are pads that strap to the arm
of your chair. They're kind of paddle-shaped - the mouse sits on the larger,
square area at the end. The pad allows you to keep your arm in the proper
recommended position. You can then use your forearm, rather than your wrist,
to move the mouse.

Amy Smith
Fidelity Investments
amy -dot- smith -at- fmr -dot- com
----------
From: Technical Writers List; for all Technical Communication issues
To: SY16333
Date: Wednesday, March 27, 1996 2:18PM

<<File Attachment: HEADERS.TXT>>

At 04:38 PM 3/26/96 -0800, Kathleen Walsh wrote:
>I am developing a wrist problem that I believe is due to my mouse
>(I started using one regularly not long ago). Does anyone have
>a suggestion on how to adapt my use of the mouse or a suggestion
>for a different pointing device to minimize wrist problems? Please
>email me (kathleen -at- qantel -dot- com).

I've found a small wrist rest to be a quick and inexpensive cure.
You can purchase a "mini wrist pad" at just about any computer/
office supply store for about $5 -- or by a mouse pad with the
wrist rest built in for a few bucks more. The raised pad keeps
your wrist straight and supported and you can't dig the heel of
your hand into the desktop until it turns red anymore!

And, believe it or not, a bottle of vitamin B6! Doctors are now
using B6 successfully to alleviate CTS symptoms.

-Sue Gallagher
sgallagher -at- expersoft -dot- com