Re: Need Release Notes Advice (fwd)

Subject: Re: Need Release Notes Advice (fwd)
From: Mark Levinson <mark -at- SD -dot- CO -dot- IL>
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 1996 14:25:54 IDT

One of our managers has requested that release note entries be stated as
positively as possible (a noble goal).

** I agree. When possible, I say something like "Clicking the
Exit button no longer causes problems with unsaved work" or
sometimes even-- if I can get away with it-- something as vague
as "The Move command now works as documented."

I don't worry about making the problem crystal-clear. I figure
that anyone familiar with the problem will recognize it without
further detail and anyone unfamiliar with the problem shouldn't
have its dead body waved at 'em.

||- Mark L. Levinson, mark -at- sd -dot- co -dot- il -- Box 5780, 46157 Herzlia, Israel -||
|| You can't judge right by looking at the wrong. - Willie Dixon ||