Re: Need Release Notes Advice (fwd)

Subject: Re: Need Release Notes Advice (fwd)
From: Anne Weiler <annew -at- CHANCERY -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 1996 09:26:55 -0700

<financial examples snipped>

Barbara Hallnan wrote:
> * Gov/Corp User Security no longer crashes when you
> enter a maturity date prior to the current date.

> or

> * In Portfolio Holdings, when you use the Edit
> Column Values button, unpriced securities are now
> excluded from the aggregate calculations.

This is the style we use for our release notes. The theory is 1. make it
positive. 2. don't worry about the reverse logic because if users
encountered the problem they'll recognize it, and if they didn't encounter
the problem, hopefully, this phrasing won't upset them too much.

Anyone buy this logic?

Anne

--
Anne Weiler --annew -at- chancery -dot- com
Media Development