AGENTS FOR FREELANCE TECHWHIRLERS?

Subject: AGENTS FOR FREELANCE TECHWHIRLERS?
From: Bob Morse <morse -at- GLOBALDIALOG -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 1996 07:02:18 GMT

Actually, I'm surprised that I haven't seen any posts on this topic, and DejaNews
wasn't able to find any either.

Does anyone know of any agents who work, on a commission basis, to solicit work
for freelance tech writers? I know that at least some other creatively inclined
independents (commercial artists, for example) can hook up with agents who will
beat the bushes for 'em while they remain focused on the substance of their
specialties, but have never heard of any agents who work for tech-writers. Seems
like a natural to me, since most of the independents I know hate the self-promo
necessities of keeping a small business like this humming. Personally, I would
gladly trade 15% of the take for the freedom to dump the self-promo stuff onto
someone else, who would probably do a better job of it anyway.

Anyone?