Ancient Frame

Subject: Ancient Frame
From: Suzanne Stone <SSTONE -at- EMUVAX -dot- EMICH -dot- EDU>
Date: Mon, 1 Apr 1996 20:15:04 -0500

I've recently taken a position in a small department within a large company.
Their 1000+ page manual is in pieces: one guy wrote part in Word;
another in WordPerfect; some is in Excel; some looks typewritten (!).
I'm here to pull this thing into one clean, consistent, clear document.
I found an old box of FrameMaker v3.0 in a filing cabinet. I've never used
it, but have used similar programs. So I loaded the software and started
dinking around. I'm getting the hang of it. I know it's one of the best tools
for long documents so I decided to order v5.1. But it will be awhile before
the order comes in (red tape!)
MY QUESTION: Will I be okay to start importing all the various chapters
into the ancient Frame? I mean, will I have a problem bringing this document
from v3.0 to v5.1?
How much different are the newer versions from v3.0? Any other advice you
give me as a newcomer to Frame would be greatly appreciated. THANKS!

Suzanne M. Stone
sstone -at- emuvax -dot- emich -dot- edu