Re: Ancient Frame

Subject: Re: Ancient Frame
From: "Susan Self @ignite" <susan -at- ALSYS -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 2 Apr 1996 11:46:35 PST

Suzanne M. Stone asked:

>Will I be okay to start importing all the various chapters
>into the ancient Frame? I mean, will I have a problem bringing this document
>from v3.0 to v5.1?

I still have my major set of documents in Frame 3.0. It is very simple to
open them in Frame 5.0 (I haven't gotten the 5.1 upgrade yet). The only
problem I have had was with a title page where I had a nearly full-page
graphics frame that had to be shrunken a bit to fit on the page. This has
to do with how Frame 5 handles frames differently.

If I were you, I would go ahead confidently working with Frame 3 and don't
worry about the transition to 5.1. I think your problems will be
negligible. Frame 4 and 5 have added features that are nice but more
complicated sometimes, and you don't really need them for the basic work
you have to do now. The filters in Frame 5 are quite handy, however,
especially if you are converting Word or WorkPerfect documents. Frame 5
also handles a wider variety of graphics formats for imported files.
You definitely want to upgrade to Frame 5, but you can start with Frame 3
just fine.

Susan Self
susan -at- thomsoft -dot- com