Document management

Subject: Document management
From: Ken Barringer <marjsdad -at- EARTHLINK -dot- NET>
Date: Tue, 9 Apr 1996 17:45:47 -0600

I'm new to the list and new to technical writing. I have a big project
ahead at work: a massive conversion of long, complex engineering test
documents from WP for DOS to Word 6, along with complying with ISO QS
9000 requirements and moving from a paper-heavy to a paper-light
environment (including going on a network [Windows NT] for the first
time and restricting write access to the documents). I can handle the
document conversion OK, but I wouldn't mind some friendly advice about
setting up a logical document management system or QS 9000 compliance in
the documentation area. It's not really my responsibility to establish
the system, but my supervisor is also new to this area, and I could
score some major points if I were to come up with some sound
suggestions.

Thanks and regards,
Ken Barringer