STC's Honorary Fellow

Subject: STC's Honorary Fellow
From: Elizabeth Babcock <lizbab -at- RIDGECREST -dot- CA -dot- US>
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 1996 15:23:47 -0700

In the 8 April list, Jim Grey said:

> As I cleaned out my office at my last job, I considered stealing
> the copy of _The Design of Everyday Things_ that was on my bookshelf.
> It *was* a useful title. Now that I know it is out of print, I
> sort of wish I had bent my character a bit.

Thanks, Jim, for giving me a great opening to brag about STC and
about the STC Annual Conference, coming to Seattle on May 5-8.
At that conference, Don Norman, the author of _The Design of
Everyday Things_, will be named the Society's newest Honorary
Fellow. He will receive this award at the Awards Banquet on
Tuesday evening, the 7th, and he will give brief remarks in
connection with that award. Another opportunity to see and hear
this great communicator will occur that afternoon, 2-3:30, when
he will be discussing with a set of panelists where in the
organization to place skilled communicators for best effect
to ensure that the communication reaches the products themselves.

I understand from STC's Executive Director, Bill Stolgitis, that
registration for this conference is way ahead of schedule, so I'd
suggest that anyone planning on attending register (and reserve
your hotel room!) as soon as possible. For more information
just call the STC office, (703) 522-4114.

Liz Babcock
lizbab -at- owens -dot- ridgecrest -dot- ca -dot- us
(619) 375-7900