FW: I stand corrected.

Subject: FW: I stand corrected.
From: "Cheverie, Paul [Cont]" <paul -dot- cheverie -at- GPO -dot- CANADA -dot- CDEV -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 1996 13:20:00 EDT

I received this reply from Mathew privately and I greatly appreciate
the courtesy, but I did send my comments on this thread to the list so it's
only fair that I make sure that my reply and apology to Mathew is also sent
to the list. I withdraw the "pin-head" and "forged address and name" remarks
(although the rest of my statement stands). My sincere apologies to Mathew.
I stand corrected.
I am still suprised and annoyed that this sort of stereotyping keeps
rearing its ugly head. I suppose that it's a part of the human condition
though, and we'll never actually completely rid ourselves of it. Managers
who participate in sexist or racist opportunism to reduce their overhead
costs will lose their best people to more enlightened competitors.
Paul C
paul -dot- cheverie -at- gpo -dot- canada -dot- cdev -dot- com
>>You wrote:
One last thing I would like to point out: This whole thread was started
by some pin-head using a forged address and name. The entire argument has
been manufactured for this person's amusement and we have fallen in with his
little joke without realizing that we are the ones he(or she) is laughing
at.
I reply:
I think you have your threads mixed up. I posted the wage decrease thing
after hearing a snide comment from an older tech writer during a meeting.
Matt "That's me, no forged name here" Danda<<