Re: What do you think of writing Web pages as a TC course assignment?

Subject: Re: What do you think of writing Web pages as a TC course assignment?
From: "Susan W. Gallagher" <sgallagher -at- EXPERSOFT -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 1996 10:51:59 -0700

At 11:48 PM 4/17/96 -0500, Mercedes Abels wrote:
>I think most of the job posting I see these days expect this skill. It
>seems that this is a necessary skill for today's tech writers and I have
>made this clear to the head of the tech writing program at my college.

If the hiring manager is a non-writer, for example in a lone writer
organization, Web page experience would definitely be a resume plus.
Many small organizations need someone who can code a web page and the
writer is the most logical person to take on this responsibility.

In larger organizations, marcom often takes over the Web page tasks,
so the experience isn't quite as significant. As a writer/hiring
manager, I'd prefer to see online help experience to Web page
experience. But... I'd take the Web experience over no online
experience at all.

Sue Gallagher
sgallagher -at- expersoft -dot- com
--Reality is frequently inaccurate.