Re: HTML frames - help needed

Subject: Re: HTML frames - help needed
From: Stephanie Copp <copp -at- FOX -dot- NSTN -dot- CA>
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 1996 13:56:51 GMT

A few days ago I posted this plea...

>I'm in the midst of creating web pages for an intranet. Since all of
>my readers will be using Netscape 2.x , I have been asked to use
>frames for two small documents.

>I'm having problems linking between these two documents. The frames
>are a 30/70 split with the 30% holding a fully linked table of
>contents. When I added a link in the table of contents to the second
>"framed" document, the whole document is loaded into the 30% toc frame.

>I'm hoping someone has some suggestions on how to get around this. I
>keep thinking I have to do something special with the <a href...> tag
>or the frame tag and its target but nothing I have tried seems to
>work. My searches of Netscape's frame documents has produced nothing.

Many thanks to everyone who responded to my plea (in particular David,
Deborah, Yvonne and Sally). Turns out the solution to my problem was
the attribute target=_top. Thanks again.

Stephanie
Stephanie Copp
Technical Writer, CIBC
copp -at- io -dot- org (home) copp -at- fox -dot- nstn -dot- ca (work)

Listowner: ejray -at- ionet -dot- net