WordPerfect/Word Conversion

Subject: WordPerfect/Word Conversion
From: "Daniel E. Wise" <dewise -at- IX -dot- NETCOM -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 2 May 1996 21:02:04 -0700

Today I ran into something I don't believe I have seen discussed here
in the few months I have been a participant.

I was given a disk by a client and was told it was in WordPerfect.
When I tried to open it in Word for Windows 6.0, I received an
on-screen message that this document was not a WordPerfect document.

I called the client, who opened the LAN version of the document in
WordPerfect without difficulty. But when the client tried to convert
it to WfW-6, she was unsuccessful.

The client then called the subcontract laboratory that had generated
the file to begin with. They were likewise unable to convert the
document to WfW-6 from the original WordPerfect 6 (I think) file.

They finally agreed to send me a WfW-2 file so I could open it on my
machine.

Has anyone else run into this seeming incompatability between WP and
WfW? If so, is there a simple fix--or is prayer the only answer?

Dan Wise
dewise -at- ix -dot- netcom -dot- com

Listowner: ejray -at- ionet -dot- net