Course: Product Usability For Doc Professionals

Subject: Course: Product Usability For Doc Professionals
From: "Jared M. Spool" <jspool -at- UIE -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 3 May 1996 00:08:33 -0500

Announcing a course presented by User Interface Engineering:

Product Usability For Documentation Professionals
June 11 & 12, 1996
Andover Marriott, Andover, MA

Direct Your Team To Better Software Development

User Interface Engineering presents a course that will put
your software development team on the road to building better
applications -- while break the old speed limit. You'll learn
shortcuts, how to avoid hazards and ways to shorten learning
curves. And you'll get directions from consultants who have
perfected these techniques while working on dozens of products.
As a sign of good faith, our courses are 100% Guaranteed. If
you are not completely satisfied, your money will be refunded.
We are extremely confident that this course will exceed your
expectations. So sign up today.

Product Usability For Documentation Professionals

How can you document a product before it is finished? This challenge
is especially frustrating when the documentation professional isn't
involved until late in the development process. As a documentation
professional, you need techniques that will empower you to play a
proactive role in the development of the entire product, not just the
documentation.

This two-day course is a mixture of lectures and exercises. While the
major focus is on prototyping and usability testing of software
products and documentation, we also discuss other useful techniques
such as contextual inquiry and user myths. Based on our recent
research projects, you will get the latest information on how to
develop usable wizards, cue cards and on-line help. You will work
with other participants to practice the techniques taught in the
class.

Who Should Attend:

This course is for documentation professionals and managers who
develop documentation (printed or on-line), help, tutorials or other
product learning aids. An understanding of usability concepts is
helpful, but not required.

Course Topics:

Basics of Usability Testing
Choosing the Right Technique
Designing a Usability Test
Prototyping Techniques
Techniques For Documentation
Learning From Usability Tests
Working on the Team

Each participant will receive Penny Bauersfeld's Software
By Design: Creating People Friendly Software.

The standard price for the course is $620 (US).

100% Guaranteed

If you are not completely satisfied, your money will be
refunded. We are very confident that these courses will
exceed your expectations.

For a detailed brochure and registration information,
contact:

User Interface Engineering
800 Turnpike Street, Suite #101
North Andover, Ma 01845