long digests

Subject: long digests
From: Edward Bilodeau <Edward_Bi -at- CEO -dot- STS-SYSTEMS -dot- CA>
Date: Mon, 6 May 1996 08:27:30 EST

One way to reduce the size of digests would be for contributors to
this list to copy only the relevant portions of the previous message
when responding. I've only recently joined this list, and was
suprised to see so much of this blind "copy-all" going on. I thought
this was only a net-newbie afflication, but maybe I'm wrong. Maybe
their mail readers force them to copy the entire message...who knows.

I'd like to keep recieving digests once a day (more often would not
be managable), but please, no blind copying! As tech writers, we
should all be aware of the need to eliminate useless information,
so...

Just my 0.02...

Edward Bilodeau
Technical Writer