Sr Writer/Pubs Manager STILL needed

Subject: Sr Writer/Pubs Manager STILL needed
From: ann firth <ann_firth -at- BURLINGTON -dot- MARCAM -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 6 May 1996 09:34:34 EST

The Customer Support Organization in the Burlington, Ontario office of
Marcam, is still looking for a Publications Project Manger. Below is a
repeat of the message I posted April 26/96. We were having technical
difficulties with our email last week so I apologize if anyone did try
to send me something. It's okay now, though, so please send your
replies on through!

If you have any questions about the following job posting, please
email me directly at the address below or call (905)632-6015.
Ann Firth
ann -dot- firth -at- marcam -dot- com

Marcam Corporation, a leading supplier of open enterprise applications
and services for process and discrete manufacturing companies
worldwide, has an immediate opening for a Publications Project Manager
in the Customer Support Organization (CSO). For more information about
the company and its products, visit Marcam's home page on the
World-Wide Web at URL http://www.marcam.com.

The CSO Publications Department develops user documentation, both hard
copy and online, which supports software developments and enhancements
for Marcam's Maintenance/Procurement products on the AS/400 platform.
We currently use a combination of the following software in our
documentation process: Ventura, WordPerfect, Word, Visio and PerForm
PRO.

POSITION OVERVIEW
This is a working manager position; 50% of the position is devoted to
writing projects. The manager will plan, estimate, schedule and assist
in the development of new documentation and enhancements to existing
documentation. He/she will oversee the delivery of supplements,
release and new documentation as required to support the product. The
manager will also provide in-depth reviews of documentation produced
by the CSO Publications staff.

Administrative and general responsibilities will include the
following:
- Hire and manage permanent and temporary/contract staff
- Maintain current and develop new documentation standards; stay
informed of trends in technical communication
- Provide guidance for the Publication staff's professional
development
- Participate in the CSO Management team
- Plan short and long term budget and staffing requirements, and
departmental direction

QUALIFICATIONS
- Able to plan and manage documentation projects
- Excellent documentation skills including researching, writing and
editing
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to handle multiple projects
- Able to provide leadership and work well with others

APPLY TO
Applications may be mailed or faxed to the following by May 8, 1996:
Randy Bradford, Director CSO
Marcam Corporation
880 Laurentian Drive
Burlington, Ontario
Canada
L7N 3V6
Fax (905) 333-2601

Resumes submitted by email should be sent to me at
ann -dot- firth -at- marcam -dot- com; they will be forwarded to the Director.

Listowner: ejray -at- ionet -dot- net