Chicago Manual of Style

Subject: Chicago Manual of Style
From: Marta Cepek <marta -at- M3ISYSTEMS -dot- QC -dot- CA>
Date: Tue, 7 May 1996 03:40:04 -0400

Sue Gallagher wrote:

>>>The book is now 921 pages in length and is the complete style guide
for the University of Chicago Press. It covers grammar and punctuation,
bibliographical references, typographical conventions, printing and
binding techniques including what to include in frontmatter, etc.,
proofreading marks, and just about anything else that pops up in
100 years of book printing -- all in numbered paragraphs arranged
by subject. Truely one-stop-shopping for style and use questions.<<<

Excellent summary, Sue!

About 5-6 years ago, I wanted my own copy of the Chicago Manual of Style,
but it runs about $65 here in Canada, so I thought I'd see if I could find
it cheaper in a local used-bookstore that usually has an excellent reference
section. When I couldn't find it on the shelf, I thought I'd ask at the
counter. The wizened old bookworm type at the counter looked up at me and
said, "Have you looked in the fashion section?" (Why no, it hadn't occurred
to me...)

Cheers!
Marta Cepek
marta -at- m3isystems -dot- qc -dot- ca