Re: Multiple Indexes and Acrimony - El Segundo

Subject: Re: Multiple Indexes and Acrimony - El Segundo
From: "Susan W. Gallagher" <sgallagher -at- EXPERSOFT -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 15 May 1996 18:25:08 -0700

Dick Dimock asked:

>> I suspect the best way is to index the first book,
>> and then copy/paste each index field to the second
>> and third books. I can have the three docs open
>> in separate windows, and open the windows in
>> succession for the copy/paste.
>>
>> There are enough small wording differences to
>> prevent wholesale copy of an indexed chapter.
>>
>> Is it better to slap the index field into 1, then 2, then
>> 3, then move on to the next point to index?

Bruce H. Johnson answered:
>> ______________________________________

>How about looking at the WordBasic command:

>AutoMarkIndexEntries

>AutoMarkIndexEntries ConcordanceFilename$

But Bruce! Dick was asking about an *Index* -- not a concordance!
There's a big difference -- both in quality and in effort!

Dick,

Kinda depends on whether your train of thought will be derailed
if you stop to cut&paste while your creating the index. You might
find it easier to index one document completely first. Idunno.

In any case, open all three docs, tile the windows so you can
scroll through atcher leisure, and cut&paste to your hearts
content. Don't forget that ctrl+drag copies between windows,
too, so you can probably mouse a good deal of this.

It'd be nice if you could just "mark" the index in each doc,
but the dialog loses content when you move the cursor. Bummer!

Good luck with it! Lori would be proud! ;-)

(Hi Lori! -- she searches her digest on "index")

Sue Gallagher
sgallagher -at- expersoft -dot- com
-- The _Guide_ is definitive.
Reality is frequently inaccurate.