Program for extracting embedded graphics from FrameMaker files

Subject: Program for extracting embedded graphics from FrameMaker files
From: Chet Ensign <Chet_Ensign%LDS -at- NOTES -dot- WORLDCOM -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 9 May 1996 09:52:35 -0500

Hello all,

I just thought some of you might find this useful. I am working on a project
where FrameMaker files are being converted into SGML. In testing and developing
the SGML Document Type Definition, I have been using a product called DynaTag
from Electronic Book Technologies to do quick conversions.

DynaTag also extracts the embedded graphics from the Frame file and converts
them into either TIFF or CGM. I've been converting to CGM in order to keep the
text stored as characters. Our artists can then refine those CGM files and
store them as GIF or what-have-you. This is a whole heck of a lot faster than
doing screen captures off the Frame display and then fixing them in a drawing
program. Also works for RTF and Interleaf ASCII files.

If you'd like to get info on DynaTag, the fastest way to do it is to surf to
www.ebt.com. They have a whole set of graphics programs under their Cadbury
division and in fact, the Frame extracting program may be sold as stand alone.
I haven't checked that out yet.

Best regards,

/chet

Chet Ensign
Logical Design Solutions
465 South Street http://www.lds.com
Morristown, NJ 07960 censign -at- lds -dot- com [email]
201-971-0100 [Phone] 201-971-0103 [FAX]

Listowner: ejray -at- ionet -dot- net