Help with Relational Database Terminology

Subject: Help with Relational Database Terminology
From: Karen Forrester <Karen -dot- Forrester -at- SENDERO -dot- FISERV -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 13 May 1996 07:23:03 -0700

Melonie,

Go with what the interface shows. This is the users' only view of the
product. If the interface uses tables, rows and columns, explain those terms
and use them. If it uses files, records, and fields, use those terms.

Or, here's an alternative: When you're done studying books, talk to your
customer support and training people, and arrive at a concensus regarding
the terms you think will be best for *your* users. If those terms are what's
in the interface, great. If not, try to change the interface (if you won't
be bashing your head against a brick wall).

At 12:48 PM 5/9/96 +0000, you wrote:
>O.K., here are my questions. Anyone been through this
>before and have advise for me? What kind of terms did
>you use and how were they received? What worked and
>what did not?

>I will take any info I can get on how to write about
>relational databases.
Karen Forrester
Sendero Corporation
karen -dot- forrester -at- sendero -dot- fiserv -dot- com

Listowner: ejray -at- ionet -dot- net