Re: Doing your own graphics (an illustrators perspective)

Subject: Re: Doing your own graphics (an illustrators perspective)
From: "Parks, Beverly L." <parksb -at- HUACHUCA-EMH7 -dot- ARMY -dot- MIL>
Date: Mon, 13 May 1996 14:15:00 MST

John Posada wrote:
Obviously, you come from an environment that has all the specialized
expertise
you could ever want, available whenever you want it.

However...while that may be true in the government and ivory tower
environment,
in the trenches, we do whatever we need to, to create a document to the best
of our abilities.

=============
Whoa! I need to speak out before too many people think we have it easy here
in the government! Technical writers? What's a technical writer? The
software development organization I've worked at for 9 years had a pubs team
that was "optimized away" about 7 years ago. Since then, us programmers have
had to design, analyze, write code, and develop our own users manuals--which
includes writing and illustrating. Oh, and we had to do some of our own
testing, too. But we also used a separate software testing entity. By being
responsible for every step, we learned a lot. I learned that I'd rather be a
technical writer than a programmer! ;-)

A lot of us government workers are right in the trenches with you.

Beverly Parks -- parksb -at- huachuca-emh7 -dot- army -dot- mil
The opinions expressed are my own.

Listowner: ejray -at- ionet -dot- net