Doing your own graphics

Subject: Doing your own graphics
From: Marta Cepek <marta -at- M3ISYSTEMS -dot- QC -dot- CA>
Date: Thu, 16 May 1996 11:43:34 -0400

John Posada wanted to know about graphics programs.

I like CorelDRAW, but I stick to version 3.0. It's robust and has all the
features I need. Corel 4.0 was full of bugs, and the patch was 7 disks. As
well, when I first installed it (pre-patch) it overwrote all of Word 6's
OLE2 .DLLs, and I had a huge a problem when suddenly Word started acting up.
I've tried version 5.0 on a Pentium 90 w/ 32MB RAM, and any program that
takes over 3 minutes to load on a machine like that is more trouble than
it's worth. Version 3.0 is my all-time favorite (I don't know if you can
still get it--though if you can, the price should be right, as I understand
version 6.0 is now out...) I usually export my graphic to .WMF format which
you can import/paste into Word without needing any graphics filters.

You might also want to take a look at Visio. It's a fantastic little
flowchart program with some graphics capabilities. I've made some nice
network connectivity flowcharts with it.

Cheers!
Marta Cepek
marta -at- m3isystems -dot- qc -dot- ca

Listowner: ejray -at- ionet -dot- net