Re: Mercer U's distance learning program

Subject: Re: Mercer U's distance learning program
From: Martha_Collins -at- NOTES -dot- PW -dot- COM
Date: Thu, 23 May 1996 07:48:10 EDT

>Is there an online or correspondence course teaching technical writing?
_____________________________
Margaret wrote:

Steve Newman posted a list recently of links on technical communications
courses & resources that he compiled from answers to a similar query.
I spent quite awhile looking at them all. The only courses I found that are
truly offered on-line, as far as I could tell, were those offered in Mercer
University's Master of Science Program in Technical Communication Management.
These are offered to "distance learners"--people from all over the US are
enrolled and studying. They seem to use quite a mix of technologies to pull this
off. I ordered the catalog (by responding to their Web page) and the program
does indeed look interesting.

the URL: http://www.mercer.edu/~mstco/index.html

Is anybody on the list enrolled in Mercer's distance learning program?
Does it work? Are you getting your money's worth? I'm thinking about
applying, and some feedback from a participant would be helpful.

Yes, I am enrolled in Mercer's distance learning program.

It does work. The Technical Communication program has been at Mercer, located
in Atlanta, for a while. This is the third quarter that distance learners have
been involved in the program. It gets better and better. I am very pleased
with it. I have learned a lot. Of course, as with anything, what you get out
of it is proportionate to what you put into it.

I'd be happy to answer any questions you have about it.

Martha Collins
Price Waterhouse LLP
Tampa, FL
martha_collins -at- notes -dot- pw -dot- com

Listowner: ejray -at- ionet -dot- net