Re: Doing your own graphics (an illustrators perspective)

Subject: Re: Doing your own graphics (an illustrators perspective)
From: "Colleen Dancer (02) 333-1862" <DANCER -dot- COLLEEN -at- A2 -dot- ABC -dot- NET -dot- AU>
Date: Fri, 17 May 1996 11:50:00 +1000

In the perfect world I would have an illustrator on my team. However
this aint perfect and I have a very tight budget. Our documentation is
for an internal audience and in general the graphics needed are simple.
I'm not denying that on at least some of them an illustrator could do it
better but it costs money (we would have to hire a contractor). We are a
group of ten and are expected to be able to do all sorts of work, we
don't only do one sort of work because projects don't allow for this.
Many of us write, design, analyse, do online help, html, screen design,
process engineering etc....

If I was working for a glossy big budget project then I would love to
have an illustrator on the team and a few others too, but I live in
reality (which is about as different as you can get).

Like someone else said, I love getting people to do at least the first
draft or brain dump, it allows me to get the information quicker. We
actively teach our systems developers how to write to ease our work load
and improve everyone's productivity. The developers often get us to check
their work and none of us are qorried about putting us out of a job.

Cheers
Colleen

dancer -dot- colleen -at- a2 -dot- abc -dot- net -dot- au

The opinions expressed are mine and mine alone

Listowner: ejray -at- ionet -dot- net