Re: Doing your own graphics (an illustrators perspective)

Subject: Re: Doing your own graphics (an illustrators perspective)
From: "Colleen Dancer (02) 333-1862" <DANCER -dot- COLLEEN -at- A2 -dot- ABC -dot- NET -dot- AU>
Date: Fri, 17 May 1996 13:44:00 +1000

It really concerns me that there seems to be an idea coming through from
some people that budget isn't important. Realistically it is very
important. In my job I have no control over the budget, and little say
on the deadline, and very little say on the resources. (For all that it
can be a fun place to work) If I refuse to do a job I can be sacked,so I
do the best I can for the budget, especially as given the current climate
I'm not in a hurry to be sacked. I would strongly suspect that I am not
alone in this situation.

Michael I can appreciate your belief in the need for quality
illustrations and I sympathise but I feel you aren't quite realistic.
Most of us would love to have an illustrator as we know our work isn't as
good as it could be and that you might well be able to do it better. BUT
you cost money. And even though the budget may be low sometimes the
project is still worth doing. I honestly don't believe this is a turf
war, rather it is a war with management with illustrators and tech
writers on the same side.

Cheers
Colleen

dancer -dot- colleen -at- a2 -dot- abc -dot- net -dot- au

Listowner: ejray -at- ionet -dot- net