ISO 12083

Subject: ISO 12083
From: Chet Ensign <Chet_Ensign%LDS -at- NOTES -dot- WORLDCOM -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 17 May 1996 08:56:43 -0500

Phillip Wilkerson asked:

> Does anyone know where I can get an electronic copy of
> ISO 12083. This is the standard for electronic publication
> manuscript preparation. Also, is there a web site
> that has ISO or ISO-related publications?

A search for "12083" on Alta Vista turned up about 1,000 Web documents that
mention ISO 12083. In particular you might want to check:

www.gca.org/epsig

This is the Web site for the Graphic Communication Association and EPSIG, the
Electronic Publishing Special Interest Group. I believe that EPSIG is the
offical maintainer for 12083.

They mention that a paper/electronic version of the annotated standard is
available for $250.00.

Also, there was an interesting site at

www.dnp.fmph.uniba.sk/CNASDOC/WWW/publications/sgmlen/node20.html

which appears to be part of an online tutorial. It includes markup examples for
tables, math, etc. in 12083.

Finally, since ISO 12083 is an SGML application, you should be sure to check
out www.sil.org/sgml/sgml.html, Robin Cover's excellent SGML resource page.

Best regards,

/chet

Chet Ensign
Logical Design Solutions
465 South Street http://www.lds.com
Morristown, NJ 07960 censign -at- lds -dot- com [email]
201-971-0100 [Phone] 201-971-0103 [FAX]

Listowner: ejray -at- ionet -dot- net