Re: html generation

Subject: Re: html generation
From: Jack DeLand <adamchar -at- CHAMBER -dot- ANN-ARBOR -dot- MI -dot- US>
Date: Tue, 21 May 1996 13:05:38 -0400

I have the flyer for Blue Sky's Web Office suite (officially announced
yesterday), and hope to get the full press kit soon. I will post a review
for anyone interested, but the HTML conversion tool is the basis; it uses
Internet Assistant for Word 7.0, will create map files, and does link
checking and diagnostics. Good old Paint Shop Pro is included + "Hotspot
Studio" for linked graphics. $499 retail/$399 promo price. Since it uses
Internet Assistant, I'd be curious to see how that matches up to HotMetal
Pro's frame- and table-making.
<snipped>
>I use a three step process:

>1. Since I do Windows help systems with RoboHelp, I start my extensive web
>sites in RoboHelp. I use RoboHelp to quickly divide the information into
>separate pages with links.

>2. I use Help to HTML from RoboHelp to instantly create the html pages. The
>Help to HTML saves the associated graphics to small gifs, and it gives you
>the option of transparent backgrounds for the graphics.

>After the automatic transfer to html, I have the structure of my new site.
>The pages need beautification and the mailto additions, but the basic site
>could be uploaded immediately.

>3. I use HotMetal to do the final design. My designs aren't particularly
>fancy yet, but when I get the new HotMetal Pro, I'll be creating frames and
>tables easily. A client site under development: http://www.he.net/~connectc

>Regards,
>Virginia

"America's Favorite WinHelp Guru (tm)"
Net: Jack_DeLand -at- msn -dot- com <- or -> Phone:1-800-917-5600

Listowner: ejray -at- ionet -dot- net