Re: special characters for HTML pages

Subject: Re: special characters for HTML pages
From: Jacob Matthan <findians -at- NETPPL -dot- FI>
Date: Wed, 22 May 1996 15:36:13 +0300

Hi,

I am new to this list. I wonder why one should go to the trouble of
knowing all these special characters. I have my own 20+ web pages updated
fortnightly. I work with a vey simple low cost text editor and then I
just drag and drop all these files onto a HTML markup icon which cost me
a few dollars, and in a matter of maybe a minute I have all the pages
nicely formatted. I then read through them on my Mac using MacWeb and
Netscape and if I find something not correct - only then do I have to
open my html file - very rarely. Hence my output is concentrated on my
subject rather than on learning stuff of least interest to me.

Of course, if I want to learn all the html codes, etc, I guess I will
need to stop doing my editing work. The editing work which comes to me
through web pages is transferred to my Mac and just drop the html file
onto a markdown icon, and I have a text version - I can see the paper
just as the author wants it on the web and work on the text version and
change everything and put it back to him without knowing anything about html.
Has worked like a dream so far.

Regards

Jacob Matthan
Findians Oy