Re: A. Woodhouse: your disappointment

Subject: Re: A. Woodhouse: your disappointment
From: Jack Shaw <jsh -at- SOFTWARE-AG -dot- DE>
Date: Wed, 8 May 1996 10:52:47 -0700

Andrew,

By this time, you've surely found out that e-mail lists
are like pubs, cars and romantic encounters: they don't always
embody what you've expected or hoped.

But like those three, this one does offer you the chance to commiserate,
pontificate, adjudicate, loosen up, strut, admit ignorance, or even cry
for help within the confines of this craft we call a profession.

And where else are you going to do all that--with your boss or mate?

Why don't you hang in here a while longer? By your own admission,
you've only lurked for a few months...maybe your expectations will
indeed be fulfilled, both in us and in the quality of the candidates
you've been interviewing.

And as for the latter, maybe you could make your needs known right
here--who knows? You know how group dynamics works--this is not much
different. For every loudmouth like me or Guy MacDonald (he knows I'm
funning...), there may be a quiet genius lurking, as you've done, that
will respond to and meet your requirements, if you've made them clear
--and they're reasonable.

After all, as they say in the Air Force, "...we're just plane folks..."

Sorry. But if I can't be at the STC conference, at least I get revenge
with odiferous one-liners...so stay tuned and upwind. It might be
worth your while in the long term.

Jack Shaw
Software AG

Listowner: ejray -at- ionet -dot- net