Peter Kent's book

Subject: Peter Kent's book
From: Peter Kent <76711 -dot- 2557 -at- COMPUSERVE -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 22 May 1996 10:09:25 EDT

>>Angela Howard <angela -at- NAVISOFT -dot- COM> said:
I heard a while ago that Peter Kent has a new edition of his book on
freelancing for tech writers. Does anyone know if it's out yet, and what
the ISBN number is? Thanks!<<

Sorry, I haven't been watching the list recently, but a friend passed on the msg
to me.

I was hoping to have the revised book out by now. I was originally planning to
self publish it, but due to time and money concerns (it takes a lot of both),
I've decided to sell it to a publisher. Right now it's at Writers Digest Books,
waiting for a decision.

The updated/revised version, when I can finally get it out, will be over 80%
larger than the original. I think there's a good chance that Writer's Digest
will take it, as their book club wants to carry it again, and told me that they
"did well with it" the first time around. I think Writer's Digest would be the
ideal place for it, but if they won't take it there are some other publishers
who may be interested, and one in particular that has already said they would
probably do it (they're small, though, and I'd rather get Writer's Digest to do
it if I can). So it _will_ be out eventually, but I'm not sure quite when.
Sorry!

Peter Kent

Listowner: ejray -at- ionet -dot- net