Re: Humor

Subject: Re: Humor
From: "Parks, Beverly L." <parksb -at- HUACHUCA-EMH7 -dot- ARMY -dot- MIL>
Date: Wed, 22 May 1996 09:45:00 MST

Jim Morgan[SMTP:jlmorgan -at- SENDERO -dot- FISERV -dot- COM] wrote-->
>The ability to *really* use humor is a talent possessed by very few
people.
>That's why good comedians get the some of the biggest bucks in our
culture.

That's the key: the ability to *use* humor. In other words, *delivery*.

>Face it. Despite the fact that *everyone* thinks she/he has a great
sense of
>humor, most people have a really crude idea of what's funny and what
isn't

Those of us that think we have a great sense of humor, probably do. Fifty
people may find the same joke uproariously funny. However, only three or
four of those people will be able to repeat that joke and get the same
response. Let's not confuse "having a sense of humor" with being able to
incorporate and deliver that humor successfully in our documents.

Bev (who likes to see a little humor in everything).
parksb -at- huachuca-emh7 -dot- army -dot- mil

Listowner: ejray -at- ionet -dot- net