CA:Job Opening - Senior Tech Writer (NCR in LA)

Subject: CA:Job Opening - Senior Tech Writer (NCR in LA)
From: "Dimock, Dick" <red -at- ELSEGUNDOCA -dot- NCR -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 22 May 1996 19:02:00 PDT

Your chance to experience the fabled El Segundo, CA!!
The job is here, in my department. A nice place to work.

Please do not reply to me. I am posting this for my boss -
reply to him at the address below.

Richard Dimock, NCR Corporation, El Segundo, CA

A full time senior technical writer position is available at NCR
Corporation in the West Los Angeles area. Our part of NCR
supports massively parallel processing of very large
relational databases for retail, financial, and communications
customers.

We need a writer to research, organize, write, and publish
technical user documentation for high-end computer system
software products. The initial media are hardcopy and CD,
and NCR is moving to other online media. We would like
candidates to have the following qualifications:

3 to 5 years experience or more, in product documentation
including writing for technical audiences;

Ability to estimate schedules and then to meet the deadlines;

Excellent SME interviewing skills;

Skill in use of large systems, UNIX, relational databases, DTP in
Word and Frame, online help, HTML publishing, and Information
Mapping would each be valuable, but not required.

Contact:

Mike Lewis
Manager, Information Products
17095 Via del Campo
San Diego, CA 92127
email: michael -dot- lewis -at- sandiegoca -dot- ncr -dot- com
Fax: (619) 485-3255

Listowner: ejray -at- ionet -dot- net