Re: courses in tech writing? -Reply

Subject: Re: courses in tech writing? -Reply
From: David Hailey <FAHAILEY -at- WPO -dot- HASS -dot- USU -dot- EDU>
Date: Wed, 22 May 1996 19:00:16 -0600

>From: Benzi Schreiber

>Is there an online or correspondence course teaching technical writing?

>Any info appreciated!
Hi everybody,

This past year we had outstanding luck with teaching some
undergraduate, basic writing courses online. We are now hoping to put
a graduate technical writing course or two online this next September. I
would be very interested in discussing a test project with anybody who
would be interested in taking a course in such an environment.

You can see our graduate course offerings at
HTTP://www.usu.edu.~english/tech/tech.html

I cannot promise that these classes will come to pass. We are only
now looking at testing the possiblilties. But chances are we will
do "Technology and the Writer" in a seminar format and "Help file
Development Theory" as a sort of extended workshop using RoboHELP.

I hope this is not seen as SPAM (TM); if it is, I apologize to those it
offends.

David E. Hailey, Jr.
Assistant Professor
Professional Writing/Hypermedia