Re: Windows 95 Logo

Subject: Re: Windows 95 Logo
From: David Jones/KSBEISD <David_Jones/KSBEISD -dot- KSBEISD -at- DATAHUB -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 22 May 1996 15:40:13 HST

From: ron.rothbart @ DOCUMENTUM.COM (Ron Rothbart) @ Internet @ DATAHUB
Date: 05/22/96 02:40:59 PM
Subject: Windows 95 Logo

>So, we need to put something in the margin in the manual to mark Windows
95-specific procedures. I suggested the Windows 95 Wingding that comes with
Windows 95. It's the last Wingding in the Symbol dialog in Word 7; Wingding
255. It's a rendering of the Microsoft flying window logo.

Some people at the company are afraid this is illegal or otherwise verboten
because the software is not Windows 95 logo-compliant. My guess is that it
is OK to use the logo in the manual in this way, but what do I know? We've
tried to ask Microsoft but have not been able to get through to anyone who
can or will tell us if it's OK.<

Just to let you know, Ron. I'm running W3.1, and the flying windows logo
character is identical to the one in W95. I would suggest making up your own
little icon for it, or check William Horton's _The Icon Book_ for ideas/icons
on the accompanying CD.

David Jones, Technical Writer
David_Jones/KSBEISD -dot- KSBEISD -at- Datahub -dot- com
Kamehameha Schools Bishop Estate

DISCLAIMER:
"I do not speak for my employer, my computer, or any other living thing."

Listowner: ejray -at- ionet -dot- net