Re: Windows 95 Logo

Subject: Re: Windows 95 Logo
From: "Parks, Beverly L." <parksb -at- HUACHUCA-EMH7 -dot- ARMY -dot- MIL>
Date: Thu, 23 May 1996 07:23:00 MST

This is just my opinion; I'm not saying you shouldn't get legal dept
approval on any of this!

If Microsoft included the symbol as a Wingding, then they must expect it
to be used. Can you subscript a small "95" to the logo? That should get
across the idea that you're talking about Windows 95-specific procedures.

Bev Parks
parksb -at- huachuca-emh7 -dot- army -dot- mil

>>>So, we need to put something in the margin in the manual to mark
Windows 95-specific procedures. I suggested the Windows 95 Wingding that
comes with Windows 95. It's the last Wingding in the Symbol dialog in
Word 7; Wingding 255. It's a rendering of the Microsoft flying window
logo.

Some people at the company are afraid this is illegal or otherwise
verboten
because the software is not Windows 95 logo-compliant. My guess is that
it
is OK to use the logo in the manual in this way, but what do I know?
We've
tried to ask Microsoft but have not been able to get through to anyone
who
can or will tell us if it's OK.<<<

Listowner: ejray -at- ionet -dot- net