Re: Humor

Subject: Re: Humor
From: Kit Brown <Silverwnd1 -at- AOL -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 23 May 1996 01:30:13 -0400

On Tue, 21 May 1996 07:41:19 PDT, Robert Plamondon wrote:

>Take a look at HOW TO KEEP YOUR VOLKSWAGEN ALIVE by John Muir, or any of
>the later manuals from John Muir Press. The basic goal of the original
>manual was to take hippies who didn't know what a Philips screwdriver
>was and teach them everything about maintaining their VW, including
>engine rebuilding. It works! Well-organized, beautifully illustrated,
>non-threatening, and funny.>>>

This may be dating myself, but when I was a kid, we had a VW microbus and my
dad bought that book. Being a basically geeky kid (~8) who read everything
in sight, I read that book from cover to cover, and even understood most of
it. The cartoons were hilarious! I think my dad may even still have it.

Regards,
Kit Brown
silverwnd1 -at- aol -dot- com

Listowner: ejray -at- ionet -dot- net