Mercer U's distance learning program

Subject: Mercer U's distance learning program
From: KnoxML1 -at- TEOMAIL -dot- JHUAPL -dot- EDU
Date: Wed, 22 May 1996 15:39:16 EST

>Is there an online or correspondence course teaching technical writing?
_____________________________
Steve Newman posted a list recently of links on technical communications
courses & resources that he compiled from answers to a similar query.
I spent quite awhile looking at them all. The only courses I found that are
truly offered on-line, as far as I could tell, were those offered in Mercer
University's Master of Science Program in Technical Communication Management.
These are offered to "distance learners"--people from all over the US are
enrolled and studying. They seem to use quite a mix of technologies to pull this
off. I ordered the catalog (by responding to their Web page) and the program
does indeed look interesting.

the URL: http://www.mercer.edu/~mstco/index.html

Is anybody on the list enrolled in Mercer's distance learning program?
Does it work? Are you getting your money's worth? I'm thinking about
applying, and some feedback from a participant would be helpful.

Thanks,
Margaret

Technical Publications
The Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory
Laurel, MD
Margaret -dot- Knox -at- jhuapl -dot- edu

Listowner: ejray -at- ionet -dot- net