Jobs, the industry, etc.

Subject: Jobs, the industry, etc.
From: Bob Morrisette <Robert -dot- Morrisette -at- EBAY -dot- SUN -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 23 May 1996 11:19:20 -0700

Garret Romaine <GRomaine -at- MSMAIL -dot- RADISYS -dot- COM> said:

>I'm wondering how other managers are faring out there in the rest of the
>technical writing industry. Right now the Portland, Oregon area is
>absolutely hopping.

-------------/SNIP

That's been true in Silicon Valley for several years. We are
interviewing writers now. Lots of applicants, but many are not
qualified. I get frequent calls from headhunters pleading
with me to be interviewed, but I'm very happy at Sun and
only five miles from home.

I think pay levels in the underpaid areas of the country
experiencing this sellers market will increase as the
demand for writers increases.

Even in this sellers market, the writers not keeping up
with new technologies will have problems competing with the
writers who do.

Bob Morrisette
writer -at- sabu -dot- EBay -dot- sun -dot- com

Listowner: ejray -at- ionet -dot- net