Re: Frame Cross-platform question

Subject: Re: Frame Cross-platform question
From: "Dimock, Dick" <red -at- ELSEGUNDOCA -dot- NCR -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 23 May 1996 17:46:00 PDT

Kara asked about Frame UNIX and PC fonts compatibility:

>Frame claims that this is their strongpoint and we would have no font
> problems going between platforms. Is this reality in your experience?
_______________

Nancy Paisner replied, in essence:

Hayull No!

____________

And DD agrees emphatically!

The fonts problem still haunts. Our Palatino gets replaced with some
"Times" font, and the bullets come out changed to .."1's", I think it was.
Maybe with the right fonts installed on each platform, you might get
away with it, but I still doubt it. I have been meaning to try.

We are using Suns on UNIX with Frame, and are moving toward
PC Frame, relentlessy. To make matters more complex, we use a
proprietary set of templates that we worry about.

As Nancy says, have Frame demo their compatibility on your site, AND
using your templates. Ask them to demo using your own fonts.

Regards,

Dick Dimock who is flat out of sig time at the moment, at

NCR Corp. in .... dam! The name is right on the tips
of my typers.... oh yah!

El Segundo, CA
red -at- elsegundoca -dot- ncr -dot- com

Listowner: ejray -at- ionet -dot- net