Re: Indexing E. documents

Subject: Re: Indexing E. documents
From: David Blyth <dblyth -at- QUALCOMM -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 28 May 1996 18:51:55 -0700

Hi all;

Lori asks...

>Are you interested *only* in a Unix platform for indexing electronic documents?

No. Much as I love UNIX, platform does not enter into my picture.

>Okay ... I admit, I have another dumb question; this one is about your
>definition of "electronic documents": Are you concerned about indexing
>HTML documents for Web sites, or are you also interested in indexing
>documents delivered on CD-ROM?

I am primarily interested in indexing HTML docs for Web sites because
that's what I'm doing. I am secondarily interested in indexing any
E-document via any media because I'm an insatiably curious monkey.
Trust me - I'm interested.

>Another suggestion: Why not post your indexing questions on INDEX-L?

Because I'm too lazy to subscribe. However, I am slowly becoming
motivated to do so. I actually enjoy indexing - and I'm even sick
enough to admit it. ;) Is there an equivalent news group? Mail groups
are difficult for me.

If this thread doesn't generate more interest, should I take my questions
off line?

David (The Unbiased) Blyth
Technical Writer & Web Site Designer
Qualcomm

The usual disclaimers apply - QUALCOMM isn't that crazy.

Blodo Poa Maximus
Listowner: ejray -at- ionet -dot- net