Q: Lotus Notes as a doc. mgmt. system

Subject: Q: Lotus Notes as a doc. mgmt. system
From: Doug Montalbano <doug_montalbano -at- CC -dot- CHIRON -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 29 May 1996 10:33:09 PST

My company has balkanized its document groups by plant site and
business unit. Some of us are looking for ways to manage docs and
revisions in a 'public' manner, so that the other doc groups can know
what's happening in real time in our neck of the woods.

Some of our groups are looking at Lotus Notes to provide a
document-management tool that's considerably less expensive than, for
example, Documentum or Interleaf, and more easily customizable.

We have in mind using LN to log proposed changes in already existing
docs, track their revision cycle, track their approval cycle (who, how
long), collate emendations to the revisions -- the whole megillah.

Has anyone out there had experience with LN used in this manner?
If so, I'd be interested in hearing your stories. Please make the
replies to me at
doug_montalbano -at- cc -dot- chiron -dot- com
. If there's enough interest, I'll summarize and post to the List.

(Joel Cambron, I know your group uses the thing. I look forward to
your reply ;-) )

Doug doug_montalbano -at- cc -dot- chiron -dot- com
speaking on his own behalf

Listowner: ejray -at- ionet -dot- net