Re: project management info

Subject: Re: project management info
From: "Colleen Dancer (02) 333-1862" <DANCER -dot- COLLEEN -at- A2 -dot- ABC -dot- NET -dot- AU>
Date: Thu, 30 May 1996 16:56:00 +1000

Jacob

The other problem with only using Mac is that in the real world you may
have absolutely no choice as to which platform you work on. In fact I
suspect that it is rare to get that flexibility. I agree with whoever it
was that said that one tool/platform is never going to be the best for
everyone. I know that if I had been taking the course as a student I
would prefer PC because I know that the majority of the companies I will
get work in use PCs not Macs. There may be a great Mac tool but if I
need a PC tool, the Mac tool is useless. Although you may only use one
tool for the exercises, I would recommend getting someone who uses and
likes the PC tools to talk to the students as well. It sounds like you
tend to be a Macophile and the students do need to know that you can use
the PC tools and they will do the job well. There is no point in giving
them the attitude that only Mac tools do a good job

Colleen Dancer
dancer -dot- colleen -at- a2 -dot- abc -dot- net -dot- au

The opinions expressed are mine and mine alone.

Listowner: ejray -at- ionet -dot- net