Re: project management info

Subject: Re: project management info
From: Jacob Matthan <findians -at- NETPPL -dot- FI>
Date: Wed, 29 May 1996 22:15:06 +0300

Well said Nancy,

My students range from engineers to humanists and almost all are
competent on the PC platform as usually that is what they have been used
to since their school days.

Microsoft project is a take-off of MacProject and as usual microsoft
copied and improved - while Mac decided to drop macProject as
HyperProject - which was far superior came along. Microsoft Project is
where HyperProject was about four years ago - and a little more ahead of
MacProject which was shelved. The problem with Macproject was it was the
first to come out and did not have the necessary documentation for
non-Mac users whereas for Mac users everything was intutive as it
followed all the common mac rules.

The restuarant example which came with Macproject was simple but the
accompanying documentation just did not exist.

I am non-technical as I do not want to set up a computer - I only want to
start up and run a program without having to go to a manual - and that
was where all my mac programs have scored - and as a Technical Writer I
find it easy to write for the Mac - virtually impossible to write for the
PC because of the diversity.

Regards

Jacob
Oulu, Finland