Re: Rules of Thumb for Estimating/Budgeting Online Documentation

Subject: Re: Rules of Thumb for Estimating/Budgeting Online Documentation
From: Tim Altom <taltom -at- IQUEST -dot- NET>
Date: Thu, 30 May 1996 14:06:00 EST

At 02:56 PM 5/29/96 CDT, you wrote:
>Hi,

>I am trying to estimate/budget time required for doing online documentation
>and paper manuals.

>Please, will you share your rules of thumb and lessons learned?

>Thanks!

>Bill Marshall
>marshallw -at- bv -dot- com

I may be only one in a chorus of voices on this subject, Bill, but I'd
recommend, urge and demand that you or your company buy JoAnn Hackos' book
on documentation project management. We use it, and we've recommended it to
clients and colleagues alike. Sorry, don't have the ISBN or even the
official title, because I loaned my copy to another company and haven't seen
it back on the shelf yet. Her book has all the information you're seeking.

Tim Altom
Vice President, Simply Written, Inc.
317.899.5882 (voice) 317.899.5987 (fax)
FrameMaker support ForeHelp support

Makers of DuoFrame, giving you online help and paper
documentation from a single parent FrameMaker document.

http://www.iquest.net/simply/simplywritten

Listowner: ejray -at- ionet -dot- net