Re: Programming Tools -- How Prevalent Are They?

Subject: Re: Programming Tools -- How Prevalent Are They?
From: Don Sargent <don -dot- sargent -at- TEMPLATE -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 31 May 1996 11:10:55 -0400

> In my opinion, today's job work environment requires that a writer
> spread their skills wide as well as deep. Writing is still the core
> skill, the job has expanded to testing, example code, on-line
> presentations, animation, hypertext, intra- and inter- net
> presentations, single source/reusable files, contact and context
> sensitivity, and other requirements that aren't covered in English
> classes.

> Mike

Mike's explanation was excellant. Here at Template Software, we look for
writers with programming knowledge because we document our object oriented
software development environments. Unfortunately, most technical
communicators don't have that background so it makes it very difficult
to fill positions here. See my earlier post for more whining about
THAT problem. :)

Don

Listowner: ejray -at- ionet -dot- net